25 April, 2009

Cell Phone pics from My Cool Day




So, yesterday I went to this really cool place.  The whole gallery was red (except for the articles on sale and the art).  The reason that I went there with my friend Haruhi is that there were four Banksy works on exhibition.  Two were on canvas (one was even hand-signed!) and cost as much as a small car, according to Meibi, one of the guys who works at the shop.  We hung out on the store for a whole while and got to be friends with the two guys that work there.  One of their girlfriends has some stuff in the gallery, and I really liked it.  Click Here to peep her blog.  They also had some work by Banksy-inspired artist named Prole.   Pretty sweet stuff.  We met up with everyone later after Haruhi and I did a little shopping around Shinsaibashi went out to yakitori with one of the shop workers (I forget his name because we just kept calling him otousan (dad) or maru (circle)) and the wife of Ken Hamazaki, the red gallery's namesake.  Isn't the toilet funny (for all you art history nerds)...Somewhere in between gallery visits, Haruhi treated me to lunch.  It turns out that her dad actualy owns a restaurant in Shinsaibashi on Dotonbori on the other side of the street from this fugu called Dotonbori Imai.  I had egg and duck soba soup like thing, and it was awesome.  

Harihi looks pretty badass, ne?
I FOUND BIC LIGHTERS!  Funny thing, though, they have no child safety thingies...

AND NOW FOR SOME RANDOM IMAGES~
There was a rainbow around the sun on Friday.  It was only around (pun intended) for like 15 minutes.  SO cool!  Have you ever seen anything that cool?
The advert for the host club next to a Club Pure that I went to last Friday.   Where's Marinara?
That's all, folks.  I'll try to be more consistent in the future.  No guarantees, though.
Love Love

No comments: