11 February, 2009

National Founders Day!

Yo. Ok so yesterday was a holiday and we went shopping in Shinsaibashi, which is like the shopping a youth center of Osaka. It was my first time there, and holy hell was it crowded:


Of course, we took the perfunctory Glico shot (and loved it)
Left to right that is Madoka, me, and Mayu.

And then we went to Sammy's Ebisu Plaza (the Japanese name is so long, sorry) to eat lunch and enjoy some of "old Japan"... This place tries to recreate Meiji era Japan, with the mix of modern and traditional Japanese culture at the turn of the century. We got lunch here, and ate Takoyaki (grilled octopus doughnut holes, essentially) and some Chinese dumplings and buns. It was yummy and cheap. We also did this silly thing where we dress up like Meiji-era hotties...
This place is closing permanently in March, or so I understand, so I may even go back again sometime soon...
Haruhi and Madoka in kimono, Mayu and me in moga get-ups... I wish I could pull of the moga (modern girl) look, but I think I'm better suited for the kimono...
OH AND HOW COULD I POSSIBLY FORGET!?!?! I got a cell phone. My number is 080-3849-2787. you can also email my cell phone at giran.giran.softbank.ne.jp Call me.
BOOM BABY! Of course I got a purple phone... And in case you were interested, ギランーギラン (giran giran) is the Japanese onomatopoeia for something that glitters.

2 comments:

Siena said...

Yeah this is totally where I was yesterday too... I really wanted a picture with the Glico man but suppressed my inner tourist. We walked by that Meiji place, looks pretty entertaining! Let me know if you're gonna go again.

Unknown said...

キラキラ works too. I am going to call you at some point. When is a good time?